Monday, August 18, 2008
Beef Braised in Wine - Boeuf en Daube
Try this beef braised in wine recipe or Boeut en daube....a must try !
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Beef from various braising cuts,
cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) bacon, in small pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bottle of red wine
- Chopped herbs
- Capers, pearl onions, cooked peas, etc.
1. In an earthenware casserole, sear the bacon and beef in the oil; add the onion and thyme.
Season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour the wine over top to cover the meat. Braise, covered, over low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
3. At the end, add the herbs, capers and garnish of your choice.
This great boeuf en daube is ready to serve.....amazingly nice taste !