Sunday, August 17, 2008
Chilled Tomato Soup with Lemon Sorbet
Another great tomato soup recipe with lemon sorbet....hmmm..nice !
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 500 ml (2 cups) lemon sorbert (see Ice Cream)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Tomatoes
- 2 cm (1") gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- A drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, Tabasco
- 2 sprigs of basil
1. Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds then run under cold water
2. to remove the skins easily.
3. After you have peeled the tomatoes, cut them into wedges.
4. Peel and chop the ginger.
5. Place a saucepan on the heat with a little olive oil. Add the ginger and cumin, stir with a wooden spoon and add the wedges of peeled tomato.
6. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
7. Pour the cooked tomatoes into the bowl of a food processor and liquefy. Taste and correct the seasoning with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
8. Cool, then refrigerate.
9. Serve the soup well chilled with a scoop of lemon sorbet and a few chopped basil leaves.
This tomato soup recipe is ready to serve....amazing taste !