Monday, August 18, 2008
Lamb Tagine with Artichokes and Peas
Try this nice gourmet recipe of lamb Tagine with Artichokes and Peas ...its recommended !
Ingredients for 6-8 servings
- 1.5 kg (3 lb.) Lamb, cut into pieces
- 2 kg (4 1/2 lb.) Artichokes
- 2 kg (4 1/2 lb.) Peas or fresh beans
- 1 tsp. ginger
- A pinch of Saffron
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Peel of a preserved lemon
- A handful of olives
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Pour the oil into a deep pot or Dutch oven; lightly sauté the lamb; season with salt and add
the ginger and saffron. Mix well, cover with water and put the lid on. Cook for 15 minutes, checking occasionally to see if more water is required.
2. Meanwhile, clean the artichokes and place the hearts into acidulated water. Cook them in boiling salted water to which some of the meat cooking liquid has been added, for 15-20 minutes.
3. Cook the peas in boiling water for 10 minutes, then add a little of the cooking liquid.
4. Place the meat and sauce into a tagine; garnish with the artichokes and peas; put into a 180° C (350° F) oven and cook for 60 to 90 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Then this amazing gourmet recipe is ready to serve.... a fantastique taste of lamb tagine..!