Sunday, August 17, 2008
Chilled Cream of Celery Soup
Try this great celery soup...nice taste !
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 leeks, white part only
- 6 stalks of Celery
- 1 piece of celery root (celeriac), optional
- 10 g (1 tbsp.) chervil
- 2 green apples
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 liters (6 cups) chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp. chopped chervil
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 bouquet garni
1. Roughly chop the leeks and onion. Sweat in butter with the crushed garlic for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
2. Add 1 1/2 liters (6 cups) stock; bring to a boil; season, add the bouquet garni, finely chopped celery stalk and celery root. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes. Ten minutes before the end, add the peeled diced green apple.
3. Purée everything in a blender and then strain - the technique differs from an ordinary cream soup because it's essential to get rid of the celery "threads" that are unpleasant to eat.
4. Add the cream, correct the seasoning and refrigerate.
5. Just before serving, garnish with a sprinkling of chervil.
The celery cream soup is ready to serve....mmmm great taste !