Monday, August 18, 2008
Lamb Chops on a Potato Wreath
Try this great gourmet recipe of lamb chops....what an amazing taste of lamb !
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 12 trimmed Lamb chops
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) shallot
- 30 g (2 tbsp.) tarragon vinegar
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) red wine
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400 ml (1 1/2 cups) lamb stock
- 4 large Potatoes
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Vegetables (about 80 g / 3 oz.)
- Young onions
- Snow peas
- Thin green beans
- Salt and sugar
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) vegetable broth
1. Sauté the finely chopped shallot in some butter; deglaze with the vinegar and 100 ml of the
red wine; simmer until the shallot is transparent.
2. Season the chops on both sides, sear them over high heat to colour them nicely, then let rest
in a 180° C (350° F) oven for 5 minutes.
3. Degrease the pan, deglaze with the remaining 100 ml red wine, and pour over the shallots. Add the lamb stock and reduce to the desired consistency.
1. Cut the potatoes into slices 2 mm thick. Cut circles from the potato slices using a 4 cm (1
1/2") round cutter.
2. Butter a skillet and place a 10 cm (4") ring or metal cutter into it. Line the bottom with the
potato rounds, overlapping them to form the crown.
3. Cook for 5 minutes on each side and season with salt and pepper. (Cook the potatoes with the ring in place while you brown the first side, then remove it before turning the potato crown to brown the other side.)
Preparing the vegetables
1. Blanch all the vegetables separately and immediately run them under very cold water. Set
2. Season with a little salt and sugar.
Finishing and presentation
1. Lightly caramelize the sugar; add 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter and the vegetable broth and reheat
the blanched vegetables.
2. Place the potato crown on a hot plate, place the vegetables in the centre, the lamb chops on
top, and the sauce all around.
3. Garnish with herbs.
This nice gourmet recipe of lamb chops with potato wreath is ready to serve....bon appetit !