Sunday, August 17, 2008
Cream of Porcini (Ceps)
Another great soup recipe. If you don't have cream of rice, you can thicken the soup with a little cornstarch.
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Ceps
- 1 leek
- 1/2 onion
- 1.5 liter (6 cups) chicken stock
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) cream
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) milk
- 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. cream of rice
1. Wash and trim the leek; peel the onion; chop finely;
2. clean the mushrooms; slice thinly, setting aside 3 to 4 caps for garnish;
3. in a large saucepan, gently cook the onion and leek in the butter until lightly colored;
4. add the mushrooms and sauté until they have given off their liquid;
5. add the stock; bring to a boil; reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes;
6. purée everything in a blender; combine the cream of rice with the milk and add to the blender; mix well;
7. return everything to the saucepan; simmer gently for 10 minutes;
8. pour through a fine-mesh strainer if necessary; blend in the cream;
9. slice the reserved mushroom caps into 3 mm thick slices; sauté in a skillet in 1 tbsp. oil just until softened; drain;
10. season the velouté with salt and pepper to taste; ladle into soup bowls; garnish with the cep slices.
This cream of Porcini is ready to serve....nice !